New York Institute of Technology
Undergraduate – 2006
Graduate – 2009 – DPT
Katherine Hawes received her Doctor of Physical Therapy from NYIT in 2009. She immediately started working in the orthopedic field as well as homecare physical therapy. She began working for NYPT and wellness in September 2015 and has been an integral part of our company. She is also an adjunct professor at NYIT where she teaches first year graduate students in Kinesiology. She is a Clinical Instructor and Mentor to current physical therapy students, as well as students interested in physical therapy as a professional career. Katie is a dedicated evidence-based practitioner and continues to supplement her education through research, professional webinars and continuing education courses including:
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Post operative hip and knee
- Shoulder injuries and instability
- Manual Therapy Techniques in pain management
- She has over 10 years of experience and she loves working with all different populations. She prides herself in being a team player.
Katie and her husband are kept busy by their two boys and black lab and they love exploring the outdoors especially the beach. Katie enjoys exercising, shopping and the New York Giants.