We bet you don’t know all of these!
Physical therapy holds several benefits, but unfortunately, not everyone is aware of many of them! We’ve compiled a list of 25 surprising facts you may not have known about physical therapy treatment at NY Physical Therapy & Wellness in Bohemia, Cedarhurst, East Meadow, Elmhurst, Franklin Square, Levittown, Melville, Seaford, Smithtown, and Valley Stream.
Contact us today to learn more about how physical therapy can benefit you or a loved one. We’ll set up an appointment for you right away.
- It is possible to continue your treatment in the age of COVID-19. Many patients are under the impression that because of the pandemic, they need to put their treatment on hold. This isn’t true! NY Physical Therapy & Wellness offers Telehealth and in-home therapy.
- In-home care is available to you. NY Physical Therapy & Wellness is proud to offer our physical therapy services through the NYC metro area. Leave the hard work to us; when our therapists arrive at your home, they’ll have all the equipment they will need for your treatment. Rest assured that our clinic is following strict sanitation and health guidelines to keep ourselves and our patients safe during this time.
- Physical therapy can help in recovery from Covid-19. Physical therapy at NY Physical Therapy & Wellness can help patients during recovery from Covid-19 through balance and gait training, upper and lower body strengthening exercises, stretching, manual therapy, and other methods of treatment.
- Many physical therapy techniques date back a thousand years! Treatment methods such as massage and hydrotherapy date back as far as 460 BC. Other research shows countries such as Egypt and Persia also encouraged exercise and movement for illness and pain.
- Telehealth appointments are available for physical therapy.Telehealth services can be accessed via your smartphone or computer, and you will be able to perform your PT treatments from the comfort of your own home.
- It can prevent the need for expensive surgeries. Doesn’t everyone want to save some money?
- Physical therapy can be utilized before and after surgeries. If you absolutely must undergo a procedure, receiving therapy before and after a surgery can speed up recovery time. “Pre-hab” allows a physical therapist to help you prepare for an impending operation, and decreases the amount of time it will take for you to get back to your normal life.
- Massage therapy is an option. Depending on your condition, your therapist might suggest this mode of treatment for you. Massage therapy can help soothe inflamed joints.
- The American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) is the physical therapy professional association, and has 95,000 professionals in America.
- It can keep you from depending on opioids for pain relief. Physical therapy treatment is 100% natural!
- There are several different types of therapy treatment. Aquatic, manual, massage, orthopedic, lymphedema management, pelvic floor therapy…the list goes on and on. There’s a physical therapist for every pain condition.
- Treatment isn’t only for adults! Any person at any age can benefit from treatment.
- Physical therapy can be found in many different settings. Some therapists work in hospitals, others have privately owned practices. There are even physical therapists in gyms, assisted living facilities, and at universities.
- Treatment is flexible. If you inform your NY Physical Therapy & Wellness therapist that an exercise or stretch is too difficult for you, they’ll adjust things to ensure you can accomplish it. The same goes for an exercise that is too easy for you — they’ll increase the difficulty!
- Physical therapy can enhance athletic performance. Treatment can keep athletes in healthy shape so they can play their absolute best on the field.
- Treatment isn’t only for recovery. It can also help to prevent re-injuries.
- Physical therapy treatments are designed for you to be able to continue making progress at home. Your local physical therapist will create a customized treatment plan full of exercises and stretches you can do at home!
- Treatment exists for headache management. NY Physical Therapy & Wellness therapists can diagnose the kind of headache you’re experiencing and create a plan of action to relieve your pain and decrease the amount of headaches you experience.
- Physical therapy can teach you about ergonomics. The items you use every day in your home or workplace can be modified to make you more comfortable! This can help with TMJ dysfunction, headaches, carpal tunnel syndrome, and more.
- NY Physical Therapy & Wellness locations offer laser therapy. It might sound a little foreign, but laser therapy can be extremely helpful with treating several ailments, including sciatica, arthritis, and bursitis.
- Feeling dizzy? Vestibular physical therapy treatment can help improve your gait, balance, and assist with symptoms of vertigo.
- Treatment can help with chronic pain. It doesn’t matter how long you’ve dealt with your symptoms, physical therapy can help relieve (and even eliminate) your pain.
- You can seek out help on your own. In many states, you don’t always have to have a physician referral to see a physical therapist. Contact NY Physical Therapy & Wellness today!
- It’s super important to do your home-exercise program. Your physical therapist won’t be doing all the work!
- Physical therapy treatment is safe, non-invasive, and natural.
So there you have it, folks — 25 surprising facts about physical therapy treatment. If you’re interested in learning more about how NY Physical Therapy & Wellness can help relieve your pain symptoms, contact one of our offices located in, Bohemia, Cedarhurst, East Meadow, Elmhurst, Franklin Square, Levittown, Melville, Seaford, Smithtown, or Valley Stream today!